- This event has passed.
Sourcing Roundtable 2018 – Shanghai
25th July 2018 | 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
| Le Bordelais Wine Bar
Together with our German consulting partner h&z, we are pleased to invite you to the fifth annual Sourcing Roundtable in Munich, Hong Kong, and Shanghai.
Our topic this year will be „Triple trouble for procurement? The impact of geopolitics, markets, and technology on our sourcing strategies”. With industry experts and senior sourcing managers, we will discuss the impact of current disruptive trends on corporates and their procurement/supply-chain business models. In a roundtable format, we will answer:
- How will protectionism change supply markets and global trade?
- Are we in a renaissance of supply security?
- Is “digitisation” still a buzzword or the new normal?
- Will AI take over thousands or millions of operational procurement jobs by 2030?
Below are some soundbites from last year’s roundtable, entitled “Procurement 4.0 – how digital disruption will change your China sourcing strategy”.
“Data mining has become a key factor of competitiveness.”
“While basic work may be replaced by AI, building trustful relationships with suppliers remains essential.”
“I’m asking myself what I’ll be doing 5 years from now? Will procurement still exist?”
- 25th July 2018
- 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- Le Bordelais Wine Bar
- 178 Xinhua Lu, near Panyu Lu 新华路178号, 近番禺路
Shanghai, China + Google Map