- This event has passed.
Guangzhou – Foreign Investment in China Reshaped
10th May 2019 | 2:00 pm - 4:30 pm
| GCC Office Guangzhou
The new law governing foreign investments will replace three existing laws on Wholly Foreign-Owned Enterprises and Joint Ventures. Mandatory technology transfers will be banned, and technology coordination should be based on the principles of voluntariness and commercial interests. Also, the issuance of the Development Plan for the Greater Bay Area (GBA) will cause new opportunities for foreign enterprises in China.
This seminar will introduce both developments from the legal perspective with a practical cut for foreign companies who invested or are considering to invest in China and, especially, in the GBA.
In the session of GBA Initiative:
- New disposition in the Arrangement on Reciprocal Recognition and Enforcement of Judgements in Civil and Commercial Matters between Mainland and of HKSAR, issued on 19th of January 2019;
- New Arrangement Concerning Mutual Assistance in Court-ordered Interim Measures in Aid of Arbitral Proceedings by the Courts of the Mainland and of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region issued on 2nd of April 2019.
In the session of the new Foreign Investment Law:
- Introduction regarding the soon-to-be canceled requirement in the EJV law, WFOE law and cooperation JV law and how they will affect the FIEs;
- Technology Transfer limitation and new Foreign Investment Law position;
- Variable Interest entities and their validity under the new law;
- Major chances from old laws and new law in term of investment promotion;
- New Law and parification between Chinese and Foreign investment;
- New Negative-list and its role in the coming future;
- Open issues which could be covered by regulation in the near future.
2 PM – 2:30 PM
2:30 PM – 3:10 PM
Is China Closing Doors: opportunities under the GBA initiative
Presented by Fiducia Management Consultants
3:10 PM – 3:20 PM
Q & A
3:20 PM – 3:30 PM
3:30 PM – 4:10 PM
Changes under the New Foreign Investment Law
Presented by Wang Jing & Co. Law Firm
4:10 PM – 4:20 PM
Q & A
4:20 PM – 4:30 PM
Seminar Ends & Networking
Clients Services Manager at Fiducia Management Consultants
Pierre is responsible for developing and managing relationships with Fiducia’s international clients, supporting them with practical, custom-made solutions to realise their full potential in Greater China. He built up his experience in the international trade industry, advising Western companies in their sales operations in Europe and the Asia Pacific region.
Accounting Manager at Fiducia Management Consultants
Hudson is Accounting Manager of Fiducia China Accounting and Finance team, and travels between north and south locations. He comes from a background of 6 year’s public accountant in a “Big 4” accounting firm and 3 year’s finance manager for an A-share listed electronic manufacture in China. He is an experienced CPA registered in China Association of Certified Public Accountants. He gained MBA degree in Shanghai University of Finance and Economics. Hudson is a native Chinese speaker and speaks English fluently.
Italian & Spanish Lawyer of Counsel at Wang Jing & Co. Law Firm
Valentino is an Italian and Spanish lawyer who is experienced in high-tech, IT, M&A projects (including in the field of infrastructure and shipping industry), transportation related issues, share and/or assets transfer transactions and foreign investment cases including setting up of legal entity in China, Italy and Spain, cross-border contracts and transactions, as well as cross-border shipping and commercial disputes.
Associate – Corporate Law Team at Wang Jing & Co. Law Firm
Eloisa, PRC licensed lawyer and a member of IP Working Group of the China Italy Chamber of Commerce, practices in corporate law, contract law, labor law, IP, foreign investment, with experience in litigation/arbitration of labor and contract disputes, as well as in non-litigation practice such as M&A projects, trademarks.
- 10th May 2019
- 2:00 pm - 4:30 pm
- GCC Office Guangzhou
- No. 1903, Leatop Plaza, No. 32, Zhujiang East Road, Tianhe District
Guangzhou, Guangdong China + Google Map